This module covers all aspects of the Input/Output system for PLCs including discrete, analog, and data I/O. In addition, the module also presents an overview of I/O addressing and an introduction to Allen-Bradley I/O parameters. Module topics also include the principles of remote I/O and an introduction to scaling and resolution of analog devices and signals.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of the I/O system
- Describe how I/O addressing is accomplished.
- Define discrete inputs.
- List four tasks performed by an input module.
- Describe the basic operation of a discrete output.
- Explain the purpose of data I/O interfaces.
- Define analog I/O.
- Describe the resolution of an analog I/O module.
- List three applications for advanced I/O.
- Explain the purpose of remote I/O.
- Define machine mount I/O modules