This module is designed to introduce the student to the fundamental concepts of electronics and describe some basic applications. This module covers units of measure, scientific notation, SI system, and engineering notation. The principles of molecules and atomic structure are also presented in this module as well as an introduction to electric charges.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Describe the historical perspective of electricity and electronics.
- Describe some of the important areas where electronics technology is applied.
- List examples of common electronic components.
- Define the basic units of measurement.
- Describe the SI system of measurement.
- Be able to express numbers in scientific notation.
- Convert from one power of 10 to another.
- Define engineering notation.
- Describe basic atomic structure.
- Explain the principle of electric charge.
- Express Coulomb's law.