This module is intended to provide an overview of various branch and loop instructions including MCR, JSR and JMP. The use of PLC simulation software in this module allows the student to program and observe branching operations and to perform troubleshooting tasks. The principles of fault routines are presented with an emphasis on safety considerations and compliance with safety codes and regulations. In addition, the module also provides coverage of subroutines and their application and benefit in complex control problems. Force instructions are presented and demonstrated using PLCLogix simulation software.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Define program control instructions.
- Differentiate between master control reset and relay.
- Explain the purpose of a jump instruction.
- Describe the basic operation of a subroutine
- Use a Force command for troubleshooting.
- Differentiate between a JSR and a JMP.
- Explain the purpose of fault routine.
- List the values associated with a GSV instruction.