This course is intended to provide an overview of various zone control techniques and branching instructions. The principles of Master Control Relays are presented with an emphasis on safety considerations and compliance with safety codes and regulations. In addition, the course also provides coverage of subroutines and their application and benefit in complex control problems. Force instructions are presented and demonstrated through lab simulation software. The simulation software also allows the student to program and observe branching operations.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Describe the operation of program flow instruction.
- Define master control relay.
- Explain the purpose of a zone of control.
- Describe the function of zone control latch.
- Write a ladder logic program with a subroutine.
- Describe the purpose of first failure annunciators.
- Differentiate between a JSR and a JMP.
- Explain the advantage of using subroutines.
- Use the FORCE instruction for troubleshooting.
- List 4 types of instruction.